Thank you to all athletes who participated.
Learn to Train Program
This 5-week, grass-roots program has been established as an introductory exposure to the sport of volleyball. Through this experience, young athletes will be lead through a developmental program where movement, technique, and basic volleyball concepts will be covered to get them ready for competitive volleyball! This program is designed for Girls ages 10-13 (or grade 5, 6, & 7) and is developed with the Volleyball Canada Long Term Athlete Development model in mind.
Participants will learn the basics of volleyball including: basic movement, overhead and forearm passing, hitting, serving and basic team movement. Modified game situations will also be used to establish early feelings of success with the sport.
$80.00 per athlete
Friday Evenings 6:00pm - 8:00pm - Molly Brant P.S
Kelly Lupton, Laura Fitzpatrick, Laura Tuepah
|· Movement for forearm passing
· Forearm passing fundamentals
· Introduction to spike approach footwork
|· Movement for overhead passing
· Overhead passing fundamentals
· Introduction to three hits per side (to the net, along the net, over the net)
|· Review spike approach footwork
· Hitting arm swing fundamentals
· Putting together feet and arms with spike approach through drills.
|· Reinforcement of core passing skills through drills.
· Reinforcement of game movement and three hits per side through an introduction to Smashball.
|· Reinforcement of core passing skills through warmup.
· Overhand serve fundamentals.
· Smashball tournament
To learn more about Volleyball Canada and the Long Term Athlete Development program that this course will be following, please see the link below: